Bodden's "Best of Roatan" Private Tour...
are so many things to see and do in Roatan, Honduras. Tell
us what you what interests you and we will treat you to a
day exploring Roatan.
through the photos from recent tours and read our reviews to find fun things to see and do. We are "yours"
for the day -- we strive to make your trip to Roatan memorable.
There's lots to do, let us create a special tour just for
of our vehicles is air conditioned for your comfort -- our
fleet has vehicles which can comfortably accommodate any size group...from 1 guest to up to
29 guests. Your safety is our number one priority, so
each vehicle is equipped with seat belts and other emergency
equipment. Tours of more than 29 can be accommodated, please
contact us for details!
If you are travelling with an infant that requires a car seat, please feel free to bring it with you from the ship. Fold-up wheelchairs can be accomodated in most of our vehicles, please let us know if you will require the extra room when you request availability.
"Best of Roatan" Private Tour
and a Private Guide/Vehicle for your entire day on Roatan:
- Tour Duration: Up to You! But, rest assured, we'll get you back to your ship with plenty of time to spare.
Guests - $40 per person
Guests - $30 per person
or more Guests -- $25 per person
- Children UNDER age 5 are No Charge
- There is no prepayment or deposit for your tour (payment will be in US CASH ONLY once you get to the island)
- Confirmed Reservations are Required
If you are looking for a nice, basic "Highlights" tour of our sights, culture and a bit of time at the beach, with no Add-On activities, please check our Fun-n-Sun tour.
MAYAN JUNGLE CANOPY
the Zipline experience at the Mayan Jungle Canopy
Mayan Jungle Canopy Zipline -- $45 per person (in addition to your Best of Roatan tour
rate.) The Mayan Jungle Canopy features 12 zips (including a 509-foot zipline across a
scenic valley) and 2 suspension bridges. This zipline features
the latest in safety equipment including a dual-pulley/dual-cable
system (3/8" diameter galvanized aircraft cable) and
brand new Petzl safety harnesses, helmets, carabiners and
pulleys. Petzl is the leading supplier of zipline safety
equipment throughout the world. You will zip from tree platform
to tree platform through tall jungle trees, across meadows
and from hillside to hillside. This zipline will not require
riders to self-brake themselves to control their speed as
others on the island do, and highly-trained guides will
accompany each individual group down the course. (Some ziplines
merely pass a group of zippers from guide-to-guide located
at each station, at the Mayan...one guide will go with your
group the whole way down the course.) Plus, get a free,
unlimited access to visit Victor Bodden's Monkey Business with your Zipline
tour purchase! This activity will take approximately 45 minutes.
Suspension Bridges at the Mayan
Ziplines, by their design, can be physically demanding --
Persons with neck, back, joint, or heart problems, or other
serious illness are advised not to participate. It is the
responsibility of each participant to discuss concerns with
the various zipline operators before their tour. For more
information, contact the zipline company operators directly.
WEST END VILLAGE / HALFMOON BAY
Off the Dock at Half Moon Bay
Photo from Stephanie & Brent (January 2008)
- Half Moon Bay/West End -- Enjoy lots of shopping, dining opportunities and bars along this unique "diver's community". West
End beach access, snorkeling, beach chairs, restrooms, shower,
etc. are available at no charge at Half Moon Bay.
Sunset over Half Moon Bay in West End Village
OFFSHORE SNORKEL TO BLUE CHANNEL
Our Snorkel Boat takes you to Blue Channel
- Offshore Snorkeling by Boat -- $20 per person*. Travel by boat for one hour at the best snorkeling reef off the
beaches of Roatan. You will truly be amazed by the trip to see Blue Channel! Enjoy
your time snorkeling the reef, before returning to
meet your Bodden Tours land tour guide. Expect to see Brain
Coral, Pillar Coral, Elkhorn Coral, Staghorn Coral, Lettuce
Coral, Yellowtail Snappers, Parrot Fish, and lots more at Blue Channel! This activity will take 1 hour.
equipment is NOT provided, so please feel free to bring your own (rental equipment
is available for an additional $5 per person.)
ROATAN PARASAIL ADVENTURE
See the Roatan Reef a Whole New Way..
Roatan Parasail Adventure
- Roatan Parasail Adventure -- Take flight off of the beach at West Bay for one of the best island and reef views available! Meet the parasail boat and head out for an amazing aventure -- for 12 minutes, you'll sail 1.5 miles off and 800-feet above the Roatan shoreline and reef complex! Using the latest in parasail and boating equipment, this short 30 minute excursion is truly for those seeking unbeatable views and adventure -- $65 per person. (Guests that wish to ride-along on the boat, but not parasail are $10 each.)
It's Up, Up and Away with the Roatan Parasail Adventure...
800-feet up, a mile-and-a-half away!
ROATAN TROPICAL BUTTERFLY GARDEN
- Roatan Tropical Butterfly Garden -- Home of tropical butterflies and birds in a delightful tropical garden. With pleasant walkways, shaded benches and tropical trees of all types, this is a great relaxing stop during your day on Isla Roatan -- $7 for adults/$5 for children under age 10.
Butterflys are more prevalent in Spring/Summer months. During these times there may be as many as 15 to 20 Butterfly species on display (over 200 butterflies!) At other times, there may be fewer species available for viewing.
HALFMOON BAY GLASSBOTTOM BOAT
- Halfmoon Bay Glassbottom Boat -- explore the underwater beauty of Roatan's reef from 6-feet under the surface in the air-conditioned comfort of a semi-submersible -- $35 per person for this 40-minute experience
Glassbottom Boat at Halfmoon Bay
EL RANCHO BARRIO DORCAS HORSEBACK RIDE
On the "Daytime Tour" from El Rancho Barrio Dorcas
- El Rancho Barrio Dorcas -- This unforgettable and varied tour begins with a visit to the ironshore - the coral reef that emerged from the ocean centuries ago, which supports a unique eco-system of plants and trees. The ride continues with a stroll through the village of West End located right at the water's edge, and culminates with a walk or trot (depending on your riding ability) over a long stretch of secluded beach.
The tour lasts between 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on your gait. The price is $40 per person, and requires reservtions. Please Contact Roosmarie at El Rancho Barrio Dorcas or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Information/Availability/Reservations.
CARAMBOLA GARDENS & NATURE TRAILS
Jungle Hiking Trails at Carambola Gardens
- Carambola Botanical Gardens and Nature Trails -- an eco-friendly tour showcasing nature at it's finest! Meander the hiking trails to the summit of Carambola Summit and take in the breathtaking beauty from high above Roatan Island. Guided tours, or self-paced tours, Carambola Gardens is truly an unforgettable experience -- $10 per person (ages 7 and up) or $15 per person for a guided tour.
Self-paced or Guided Tours at Carambola Gardens
VICTOR'S MONKEY BUSINESS
- Victor Bodden's Monkey Business -- A Unique Animal Interaction! Visit
the Monkeys and other animals (anteater, turtles, parrots,
parakeets, deer, etc.) at Victor's house -- $5 per person.
Named one of the Top Ten Places to Monkey Around by TripAdvisor.com! A great photo opportunity for children and adults, hold
the spider monkey's yourself, let them climb on your head
and shoulders. By having this stop as a "Bodden Tours
Exclusive", you will be able to spend as much time
as you like with the monkeys! A once in a lifetime photo
opportunity. (Free unlimited access to Victor's monkeys
if you sign up for The
Mayan Jungle Canopy Zipline!)
Take Lots of Photos with the
IXORA SPA at ANTHONY'S KEY RESORT
Mayan Hot Stone Massage at Ixora Spa at Anthony's Key!
Enjoy a Tropical Garden Escape at Ixora Spa at Anthony's Key -- Ixora Spa offers a place for visitors to relax, refresh and re-energize. Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the resort and experience our open air treatment rooms, nestled within it's tropical foliage. Walled on three sides with floor to ceiling louver windows, they invite the soothing sounds of ocean waves and the refreshing sea breeze to flow through while offering breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea. Treatments include resort access to Anthony's Key Resort (swimming pool, bars, restaurant, etc.)
Replenish your soul in this tranquil Caribbean setting where the naturally restorative power of the islands allows you to bring your life into balance. Just let go and allow the highly skilled therapists at Ixora Spa deliver experiences that refresh the senses, rejuvenate the mind, and revive the body. Featuring quality products crafted with natural botanicals and anti-aging formulations, the experience of Ixora Spa will leave your mind peaceful, your muscles relaxed, and your skin beautiful.
For Avaialable Ixora Spa Services & Pricing Click Here.
Ixora Spa at Anthony's Key!
BLUE HARBOR TROPICAL ARBORETUM
Stroll through seasonal gardens and spectacular flowers, plants & trees at the Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum
- Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum -- Roatan’s working ”Tropical Eden” covering over 160 eco-friendly acres. Here you will find uniquely spectacular tropical display gardens, seasonal fruit and nut orchards, the only tropical botanical “Conservatory” with a 12 ft waterfall in the Caribbean and over 70,000 heads of lettuce and herbs in a working hydroponic produce and herb farm.
Orchard & Conservatory Tour
Self-Guided Tour: $10 per person ($5 ages 6 to 12 / Free under 6)
Guided Tour: $15 per person ($8 ages 6 to 12 / Free under 6)
See the Roatan Reef a Whole New Way..
Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum
SHERMAN ARCH'S IGUANA SANCTUARY
The Orchin Family from Washington, DC loved the natural aquarium at the Iguana Farm!
Arch's Iguana and Marine Park -- $10 per person. In addition to
Arch's Iguana and Marine Park has a natural salt water aquarium
which contains live lobster, barracuda, tarpon, sea turtles
and other sea life. There are also cages with monkeys, parrots
as well as turtles throughout the shady property.
Arch's Iguana and Marine Park
WEST BAY BEACH (Tabayana)
- West Bay Beach -- The most beautiful beach on Roatan, featuring the whitest, softest sand you'll ever encounter! There is no sea grass or rocks and the waves are calm due to the reef just off the shore of the mile-long beach. This is the beach often referred to as "Tabayana Beach" in cruise line descriptions.
West Bay Beach is lined with resorts, restaurants and bars. Water activity equipment, rentals of clear bottom kayaks, canoes and jet skis, beach umbrellas, beach loungers, etc. are all available on this beautiful beach. Free Beach Access if you just want to sit, relax and enjoy Island Time! The resorts rake the beach daily and spray an enviornmentally-friendly insect repellant nightly to help keep your visit bug/mosquito free! Even with these safeguards, it is best to spray a little insecticide during your visit...and don't forget the sunscreen!
beach resorts on West Bay beach charge a day-use
fee which includes use of their beach chairs, restrooms,
showers, etc., if you are interested. Your driver will be able to inform you of
the pricing, as it tends to change! These beach resorts are capacity-controlled to allow maximum enjoyment by all of their guests.
The BananramaDive Eco-friendly Resort located on West Bay Beach
STONE CASTLE CAMEO FACTORY
The showroom at Stone Castle
- Stone Castle Cameo Factory -- Visit the Stone Castle and watch owner Franco Tammaro and other carvers as they create intricate designs on shells from the sea. For the Tammaros, an Italian family of painters and sculptors, cameo carving has been a tradition since 1851.
From small cameos, to large carved conch shells, this jewelry store in Gravel Bay is truly a unique treasure.
There's no price for admission, but the experience of seeing the ancient art of cameo carving, and the works of art in progress will be priceless.
Carved Conch Shell at Stone Castle Cameo Factory
ROATAN OFFSHORE FISHING EXPERIENCE
Our Standard Troll Fishing Boat
19' Single Outboard Motor
- Offshore Fishing Experience -- $80 to 110 per hour (depending if you choose to fish from our small or large fishing boat.)
our experienced Roatan fishing guides who have been fishing
the waters off Roatan Island since childhood. They know the
best spots to catch the biggest fish...Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Barracuda,
Tuna, Marlin, Jacks, Grouper and Snapper. Our guides know
when and where the fish are "running", so let us
show you the hot spots!
fishing equipment, as well as transportation to and from your
ship, will be provided. Due
to boating regulations, we are limited to a maximum of 6 people
on the small boat and 10 guests on our large boat for this tour. The large boat does have an onboard head. There is a 2 hour minimum fee for the offshore fishing.
Troll the Reef in our New Larger Fishing Boat
32' Dual Outboard Motors, Onboard Head